Why BodyFirst® Plant Protein
- Perfect and complete vegan proteins from natural sources that you can find in your kitchen
- Contains edible Legume Seed Protein Isolate, Organic Brown Rice Protein Isolate, Organic Pea Protein Isolate
- Use it to triple the protein content of your roti, dal or smoothie
- Just 2 tbsp daily can help you meet approximately half of your protein requirements
- Safe and easy to incorporate in your daily menu
- Can be consumed by children, adults, elderly or patients to meet protein requirements
- Keeps you satiated and healthy
- Gluten free, zero cholesterol and lactose free
- No sugar or artificial sweetener or preservatives, just everything nutritious
- Helps with weight loss and improves energy levels
- Contains minerals that help growth and development
Vegan Plant Protein
Vegan Plant Protein
You can now add good quality vegan protein to any meal you choose with BodyFirst® Plant Protein. Be it a patient, child, aged, adult or athletic individual, BodyFirst® Plant Protein can help meet everyone’s protein requirements through their favourite foods.
Organic Brown Rice Protein Isolate
Edible Legume Seed Protein Isolate (98%)
Organic Pea Protein Isolate
BodyFirst Plant Protein is a combination of protein from three different plant sources.
1. Edible Legume Seed Protein Isolate: Legume Seed Protein Isolate contains all the essential amino acids, making it a complete protein source. Essential amino acids are mainly acquired through the diet as the body cannot produce them. The edible legume seed protein isolate used in this product has a Protein Digestibility-Corrected Amino Acid Score (PDCAAS) of 1.0, which is equivalent to egg and dairy proteins. With an excellent nutritional profile as well as low fat and calorie content, this is an ideal vegan product for anyone and everyone to increase good quality protein in their diet.
2. Organic Brown Rice Protein Isolate: Organic brown rice protein is the most easily digestible protein and hence does not cause bloating. It is especially safe for individuals who are usually allergic to most food ingredients. It has a PDCAAS value of 0.48~0.50. It is low in calories and fat; it also boosts immunity and helps reduce oxidative stress.
3. Organic Pea Protein Isolate: It is a vegan source of protein that is also rich in iron. It has a balanced profile of amino acid and 98% protein digestibility. As it is well processed, it has low anti-nutritional factors, which helps in its digestion.
Directions To Use
Directions To Use
- Use 2 heaped tbsp of BodyFirst® Plant Protein with 100 g regular atta to make 5 high protein rotis. You can now enjoy 6 to 7 g of protein in each roti, which is 3 times higher protein content compared to plain atta roti.
- Add 2 heaped tablespoons of BodyFirst® Plant Protein to your smoothie or milkshake or beverage of choice to boost your daily protein intake.
Consume 30 g (2 heaped tbsp) of BodyFirst® Plant Protein once to twice a day to meet your protein requirements.
Who can consume?
Who can consume?
- Children facing issues with growth and development due to inadequate protein intake
- Vegetarians who do not consume sufficient protein through their diet
- Diabetics can safely consume this product to increase their protein intake
- Patients undergoing medical treatment
- Individuals who are on a calorie restricted diet or post bariatric surgery
- Those who are protein deficient
- Those who wish to lose weight and get in shape
- People who exercise regularly
- What is the difference between plant protein and other whey proteins?Whey protein is derived from milk and hence contains dairy; whereas plant proteins are derived from plant sources such as rice, legumes, soya etc., making it vegan in nature.
- What is the difference between different types of plant protein available?Most sources of plant protein are incomplete. This simply means that they do not have all the essential amino acids that the body requires through diet. For example, rice protein contains the amino acid methionine but lacks lysine. However, pea protein contains good quantities of lysine and lacks methionine. So combining these two protein sources makes it a complete protein. Further, some legume seed proteins do contain all the essential amino acids and are complete protein sources. It is therefore important to check the amino acid profile. This product has all the essential amino acids and is a source of complete protein.
- Does plant protein contain phytic acid that reduces mineral absorption?Phytic acid content is high in the hull and bran of most grains and in pulses as well, which can interfere with the absorption of minerals. However, when the grains and pulses are processed, they lose these anti-nutritional properties and hence are a better source of nutrients.
- Is this product gluten free?This product is gluten free by virtue of the source of its ingredients. Legumes, rice and peas are gluten free by nature and hence this product is gluten free as it does not contain any other ingredients apart from these.
- How can one use plant protein in day-to-day routine?Following are some simple recipes to add this product to your daily regime: a. Add 2 heaped tbsp. of BodyFirst® Plant Protein to 100 g or 1 cup of regular atta to make 5 rotis. One roti = 6 to 7 g protein (Three times the protein content in normal atta roti) b. Add 1 heaped tbsp. BodyFirst® Plant Protein to 1 cup dal once prepared and up your protein intake to 20 g. c. Post workout, you can add 2 heaped tbsp. of BodyFirst® Plant Protein to your smoothie or milkshake or to a beverage of your choice and increase your protein intake to 35 g.
- Can children consume this product?Children above the age of 5 years can safely consume this product when mixed with roti or with milk to help meet their protein requirements as it contains no artificial flavouring, sweetening or preservatives.
- Why should I consume this product?The protein content of our diets rarely meets the required amounts specified by the Indian Council of Medical Research. This product provides an easy way to step up anyone’s daily protein requirement. Children require protein for growth and adults as well as elderly require this nutrient for muscle development. The main benefit of this product is that it is derived from a plant source, making it vegan and it can be added to any recipe. This product is lactose free, gluten free, cholesterol free and free of sugars and artificial sweeteners or any kind of preservatives.
- How much of BodyFirst® Plant Protein can I consume in the day?Depending on your diet and requirements, you can start with 1 heaped tbsp. of BodyFirst® Plant Protein and slowly progress to 2 heaped tbsp. twice a day.
- Does this product contain sugar?BodyFirst® Plant Protein is free of sugar, artificial sweeteners and preservatives, which makes it an ideal product for anyone.
- Is it safe to consume this product during pregnancy?This product is designed keeping in mind all aspects of overall health for anyone. Hence, it is safe to consume by anyone; however you can always consult your nutritionist or healthcare provider before consuming it.
- What makes BodyFirst® Plant Protein different from other plant protein supplements?The combination and quality of ingredients used ensures a complete profile of all the essential amino acids in this product, making it a class apart from most other available products.
- When is the best time to consume this product?This is one product that can be consumed at any time. It can be added to your regime post workout, to the roti or dal in your meal to increase the protein content of the meal or simply to your morning bowl of porridge for an energetic start to your day.
- Can a person taking medications consume this product?While this product is absolutely safe for anyone to consume, you should always recheck with your nutritionist or health care provider before consuming it especially if you have a medical condition.