Product added to cart
5 Key Reasons Why Drinking Water is an Essential Part of Your Workout Routine
Have you ever thought of going to your gym without your water bottle? Well, here is why you should not do that! We bring you some really interesting and essential facts that you must ponder on. Athletes spend hours to build their muscles in the right way. One thing you must never have come across is that drinking water can help you ease the hard work that you perform to build strong muscles.
Plenty of specialists suggest that water help in developing supersize muscles! We will explore this in great detail in this article.
1. Maintain Muscle Pump:
American College of Sports Medicine recommends standard intake 600 ml of water before exercise.1 They state that nearly 1200 ml water is required for ideal hydration of a one-hour workout. Good amount of water is essential to maintain blood pressure and proper blood circulation. If sufficient water is not consumed during workouts then the body uses water from the muscles. This causes improper muscle pump and obviously it means you are not making the most of your workout.2
2. Energy for Workouts:
If the right amount of energy is not supplied to your body during the workout, then you are bound to suffer from post-exercise fatigue and exhaustion. In this case, the body consumes glycogen stored in the muscles in order to utilize energy. This will only affect your muscle growth.3
This can be prevented by consuming ideal amount of water during the workouts.
3. Improves Muscle Growth:
On the basis of deep research, The Journal of Strength and Conditioning have stated that 1.5% of the dehydration reduces the muscle strength by one rep.4 So, for the technically unsound, we will go deeper in this. With the dip in the rep count, your muscle growth is affected not only in size but also in strength. So, do not forget that more dehydration leads to poor muscle development.
4. Better Exercise Performance:
Fatigue is a chief concern during workouts. To understand this better, you must know that the key reasons behind fatigue is the less consumption of water. Experts suggest that a cup of water in every 15 minutes during your workout can help you stay sufficiently hydrated.5 This will significantly help you prevent muscle breakdown. Additionally, it will also boost your workout performance significantly.
5. Prevent Muscle Cramp:
We all have experienced the soring pain caused by muscle cramps and workouts can severely cramp your muscles if you are not careful.
In order to prevent muscle breakdown and cramping, you must drink water and keep yourself sufficiently hydrated. This is because water removes metabolic by-products from the body. If enough water is not consumed, your muscles will gradually get cramped.6
So, it is quite a common recommendation among gym trainers and experts to drink at least 3.5 to 6 litres of water during workouts.7
- Convertino VA, Armstrong LE, Coyle EF, Mack GW, Sawka MN, Senay LC Jr, Sherman WM. American college of Sports Medicine position stand. Exercise and fluid replacement. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1996;28(1):i-vii.
- Schoenfeld, Brad & Contreras, Bret. The Muscle Pump: Potential Mechanisms and Applications for Enhancing Hypertrophic Adaptations. Strength and Conditioning Journal. 2014; 36. 21-25.
- Kojima C, Ishibashi A, Tanabe Y, Iwayama K, Kamei A, Takahashi H, Goto K. Muscle Glycogen Content during Endurance Training under Low Energy Availability. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2020;52(1):187-195.
- Schoffstall JE, Branch JD, Leutholtz BC, Swain DE. Effects of dehydration and rehydration on the one-repetition maximum bench press of weight-trained males. J Strength Cond Res. 2001;15(1):102-8.
- Da Ponte A, Giovanelli N, Nigris D, Lazzer S. Effects of hydrogen rich water on prolonged intermittent exercise. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2018;58(5):612-621.
- Maughan RJ, Shirreffs SM. Muscle Cramping During Exercise: Causes, Solutions, and Questions Remaining. Sports Med. 2019;49(Suppl 2):115-124.
- Carlton, Andrew & Orr, Robin. The effects of fluid loss on physical performance: A critical review. Journal of Sport and Health Science.2015; 4(4) 357-363.
May 11, 20213 Reasons Why Bodyfirst® Vegan Bcaa Supplement Is One Of The Best Bcaa Supplements In India
April 21, 20215 Key Benefits of BodyFirst Protein Powder
April 20, 20215 Ways To Eat Healthy For Fitness
whey protein in india nutritional supplements protein bars online best whey protein in india health supplements for your health extreme mass gainer weight gainer supplement top gainer proteins whey protein isolate protein bar whey protein concentrate supplement immune booster supplements weight gainer online multivitamins and minerals best weight gainer powder whey protein bars weight gainer shakes mass gainer ashwagandha supplement buy ashwagandha capsules vitamins for stress and anxiety stress management supplements online buy protein bars online mass gainer supplement high-quality whey protein isolate whey protein powder buy whey protein online whey protein isolate supplement immunity booster bcaa supplements in india bcaa supplement bodyfirst® vegan 7g bcaa + 4 citrulline