Product added to cart
Have you checked your blood glucose levels recently? Over 62 million Indians have Diabetes Mellitus and the numbers are steadily increasing. There are many reasons for this dramatic surge in the number of diabetics. Some of the many reasons are genetics, obesity, lifestyle changes or a combination of these.
Diabetes is caused either because of lesser production of insulin or defects in the action of insulin or a combination of the two. Continuous high levels of blood glucose cause many secondary complications because of the damage that it causes to other organs in the body.
Type 1 Diabetes is related to a less than normal secretion of insulin whereas in Type 2 Diabetes there is a combination of less responsiveness to the release of insulin which consequently leads to insufficient insulin secretion. Type 1 is related to an autoimmune disorder and type 2 is associated majorly with lifestyle changes. Sometimes diabetes may not have a known cause as well, for instance it could be drug induced or gestational diabetes that may also be reversible. Some of the common symptoms of diabetes include:
- Excessive Urination
- Excessive Thirst
- Weight Loss
- Excessive Eating or Appetite
- Blurred Vision
It is very important to be a little disciplined and maintain your blood glucose levels if you have been detected with Diabetes. Never stop medication unless advised by your doctor. Keep a check on your diet and follow some of these easy tips to keep a check on your blood glucose levels.
1. Avoid large meals at one time to prevent your blood glucose levels from spiking all at once.
2. Always combine carbohydrates with protein, for example, Rice with dal, oats with milk to increase the gastric transit time and reduce a sudden rise in blood glucose levels.
Studies have shown that consumption of whey protein isolate, which is low in carbohydrates and negligible on sugar, along with breakfast when used as a pre-workout meal in type 2 diabetics keeps a check on blood glucose levels and is beneficial in weight reduction too.
3. Opt for carbohydrates that have more fiber like whole grains as that reduces the rate at which the glucose levels rise.
4. Choose foods with a low glycemic index.
Glycemic index (GI) is a number that shows the effect of the carbohydrate in the food on the blood level of glucose; less than 55 is considered as low glycemic index. Oats, Bran, Cherries, Grapefruit, Pears etc. have a low GI.
Glycemic load (GL) takes in to account the blood glucose levels contributed by an entire meal; beans, carrots, whole grains have a low glycemic load.
5. Avoid skipping meals, especially after taking medicines.
6. Have up to 100 g or one small fruit at a time, preferably in a meal gap as fruits also contain different types of sugars.
7. Limit intake of sugar and sugar free.
8. Instead of fruit juices, eat the entire fruit to get the fiber.
9. Activity is a must for those whose blood glucose levels are high as it helps regulate the levels
10. De-stress as even stress can cause your blood glucose levels to rise.
Make sure to invest in your health for a fruitful and joyful life. For any kind of health consultation and to know all the details about our General Health & Wellness Program, you can call us on +91 2226819988.
And don’t forget your daily dose of BodyFirst Whey Protein Isolate for an overall healthy and fit body.
April 21, 20215 Key Benefits of BodyFirst Protein Powder
April 20, 20215 Ways To Eat Healthy For Fitness
whey protein in india best whey protein in india extreme mass gainer weight gainer supplement top gainer proteins whey protein isolate protein bar whey protein concentrate supplement immune booster supplements nutritional supplements weight gainer online multivitamins and minerals best weight gainer powder whey protein bars protein bars online weight gainer shakes mass gainer ashwagandha supplement buy ashwagandha capsules vitamins for stress and anxiety stress management supplements online buy protein bars online health supplements for your health mass gainer supplement high-quality whey protein isolate whey protein powder buy whey protein online